The cost to deploy a new traffic management system in Espanola, New Mexico was $862,279.
The cost to deploy the systems was $862,279. The cost includes:
- Eight new traffic signal controllers and cabinets
- Three signalized intersections integrated with fiber optic cable
- Five signalized intersections integrated through a wireless communication system
- Video detection at each intersection
- Connection and integration to an existing traffic operations center.
NM 68, Riverside Drive City of Espanola, New Mexico ITS Project Final Evaluation Report
Author: Remkes, C., Montoya, M., Magno, C.
Published By: FHWA
Source Date: September 2, 2008
EDL Number: 14464
Average User Rating
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Arterial Management > Traffic Control > Advanced Signal Systems
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Arterial Management > Surveillance > Traffic
Intelligent Transportation Systems > Traffic Incident Management > Surveillance & Detection > Imaging/Video
coordinated signals, signal coordination, centralized signal control, signal synchronization, traffic signals, advanced signal control, signal timing optimization, coordinated signal control, advanced signal controller, traffic signal retiming, retiming, CCTV, closed circuit television cameras, road monitoring, sensors, vehicle detector, traffic detection, traffic monitoring, congestion monitoring, camera imaging